[BRLTTY] New release coming soon.

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Dec 14 00:48:56 EST 2013

A few observations:

When I move to the last window of the last line on the screen and issue the
"go right one window" command (display5 on my Baum SuperVario 40), the display
briefly jumps, i.e., refreshes, whereas previously BRLTTY would just issue the
appropriate speaker sound and leave the display contents unchanged. I'm not
sure whether this is deliberate or a bug.

Also, if I issue certain commands such as display2+display3+display6 to set
eight-dot braille (turn off contracted braille), I hear the confirmation tone
twice, but only when already in that mode. The move to system cursor command
(display1) also delivers its confirmation sound twice, regardless of whether
or not the braille window is at the cursor's location.

There's nothing interesting in the debug log; I know from having done this
under 4.4 that the display is sending its key press/release events only once
each time.

I hope these observations are helpful - more to come as they arise.