[BRLTTY] New release coming soon.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Dec 14 20:41:03 EST 2013

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2013/12/15 at 11:57 +1100]

>I think this exerpt is what you're looking for. Let me know if there's
>anything I've missed.

You got it!. That's the right part. Thanks.

>I happen to have the skip blank windows feature enabled and set to "all",
>which may be relevant here.

Yes, it's very relevant. I now understand the issue. The good news is that the
code is actually doing the right thing. The question, however, is is it being
too good. :-)

Things used to be synchronous. The code would scan forward to find a non-blank
window, hit the end of the screen, play the alert tune for that, go back to
where it was, and then update the display.

oiw things happen asynchronously. Waiting for each note of the alert tune to
complete opens up an opportunity for other events to run. What's happening is
that a screen update is running in the middle of the alert tune, before the
braille window coordinates have been restored to their original position.

i'm wondering if it's worth suspending the screen update thread during an alert
tune.