[BRLTTY] Creating .so file and lib/brltty after successful make install

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Jul 10 21:22:53 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Siju Samuel on 2013/07/10 at 17:47 -0500]

>I was trying to configure and install and run brltty (with xw driver).
>
>./configure --with-braille-driver=xw,-all --with-screen-driver=as,-all
>--with-speech-driver=-all
>and running using the following command after 'make and make install'
>brltty -b xw -x as -A auth=none
>
>/var/log/syslog is provided at the bottom. And config.log is attached.
>
>In my system there is no lib/brlty directory.

The --with-braille-driver=xw,-all configure option is instructing the build to
link the xw braille driver right into the executable and to not build any other
braille drivers. /lib/brltty/ isn't being created, therefore, because there's
nothing to put in it.

>Also the config/make and
>make install looks successful. Can you please suggest what should I look
>for.  The config.log file is sending as an attachment  for reference. In
>addition I could not locate any libbrlttybxw.so in my system.  But if i
>change  the brltty-4.5/Drivers/Braille/XWindow/braille.c file  and do the
>make install from the top directory it is creating a new  object file
>braille.o.   Does this require any extra step/flag  to create the .so file
>and copy to /lib/brltty.

No. The way you're configuring, the new .o file is included when linking the
executable.