[BRLTTY] Configuring XW driver and AS screen driver related error for Simulation

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 19:23:10 EDT 2013

Hi,
 Thank you all for the previous replies. I was trying to  get a simulator
working.   I have the following two issues [1,2] and one partial resolution
[3] to discuss.

[1]
While running brltty it is giving "SPI_init returned 2 error".   Looks like
some thing related to spi registry, but note that i have at-spi2-registr
running.

Details :

sudo -E  ./configure --with-braille-driver=xw,-all
--with-screen-driver=as,-all --with-speech-driver=-all
brltty -b xw -x as -A auth=none -l debug  -n -e

brltty: checking for screen driver: as
brltty: initializing screen driver: as

** (process:8740): WARNING **: AT_SPI_REGISTRY was not started at session
startup.

** (process:8740): WARNING **: Could not locate registry
brltty: SPI_init returned 2

Note : I have at-spi2-registr running.

siju at ubuntub:~/BRLTTY/brltty-4.5/Programs$ ps -A | grep spi
 1529 ?        00:00:00 at-spi-bus-laun
 1536 ?        00:00:00 at-spi2-registr
siju at ubuntub:~/BRLTTY/brltty-4.5/Programs$

How do I use AtsSpi2 instead AtsSpi if the error is because of that?

[2]
 I have tried to configure AtSPI2 using the option mentioned here, but it
gave configuration error
http://brl.thefreecat.org/text-apps-a11y-test.html
sudo -E  ./configure --with-braille-driver=xw,-all
--with-screen-driver=a2,-all --with-speech-driver=-all
configure: error: unknown screen driver: a2

[3]
I could progress to getting a simulation window with the following option
sudo -E brltty -b xw -xno -p none -A auth=none -B model=normal -l debug  -n
-e
and could run some test like   (available in brltty-4.5/Programs)
./apitest -w -n -l

Thanks,
Siju Samuel