[BRLTTY] Accessing brlAPI from Client Application in Windows Environment

Siju Samuel sijusamueltech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 19:33:13 EDT 2013

HI,

I am trying to invoke brlApi from a C++ Client program compiled/running in
Windows environment (with Visual Studio as IDE).  Note that I am NOT
interested in  the screen reader functionality. Is this possible windows?

In linux I could get the equivalent by,
-install brlttty ( by .conigure, make, make install        WITH -x no   )
-make client program which  access brlapi by #including brlapi.h and
linking with libbrlapi.a
-start brltty and client app/

In Windows:  I am referring to mkwin and Documents/README.Windows files.
----------
I have Mingw and downloaded brltty-4.5.tar.gz.  and extracted.

Trying to compile and install brltty by executing "mkwin". Is that
correct.

Also does it require any othersteps like configure?  And currently getting
this error.

siju at location ~
$cd
$ pwd
/home/sj/

$ cd c:/brltty

$ mkwin c:/brltty

configure:

/usr/local/espeak /opt/eSpeak /opt/espeak
./brltty.c: In function 'sayWideCharacters':
./brltty.c:823:5: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of
'speech->
' differ in signedness [-Wpointer-sign]
./brltty.c:823:5: note: expected 'const unsigned char *' but argument is of
 'char *'
In file included from ./program.c:42:0:
./sys_windows.h:33:22: fatal error: ntstatus.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [program.o] Error 1

Please suggest any other aspect to be take care of.

Thanks in advance,
SijuSamuel