[BRLTTY] Orca flooding brltty with write requests

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Mar 4 04:28:33 EST 2013

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz, le Mon 04 Mar 2013 09:46:14 +0100, a écrit :
> My complaint wasn't so much about the messages, as the fact that
> Orca is "bugging" brltty with tens of messages a second even when
> everything should be static.

Ah. Maybe orca is indeed missing a "nothing changed, don't write" test.
We could do that in libbrlapi itself, like ncurses does, but we had
taken the printf approach, which doesn't do such kind of test.

And that wouldn't fix the actual issue, which is that orca itself
shouldn't eat any cpu at all if the desktop is idle.

Samuel