[BRLTTY] gioAwaitInput sometimes returns 0 despite input being available.

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Sun Mar 10 15:04:31 EDT 2013

Hello,
With brltty4.4, sometimes, when there is heavy traffic over the serial line,
gioAwaitInput will claim that there is no input available.  It then says
input is available after more info is received from the device. It seems
that some buffer isn't getting flushed properly.  For a long time I was
suffering from what seemed to be lost packets(not dropped, but truly
missing).  I then realised, that these packets were coming through as soon
as a new packet was sent from the device.  Flushing on the devices end did
not have an effect, but it is possible that Arduino is malfunctioning as the
Arduino serial libs are notoriously buggy...  I solved the issue by having
my device send a ping every 50ms.  This ensures that those previously
missing packets get pushed through by the ping.

Any clue if this could be on BRLTTY's end?

Tim