[BRLTTY] Blue tooth support in the Fedora package

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed May 1 11:40:06 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2013/05/01 at 17:17 +0200]

>Yes, if you build the package yourself. If you however use the package
>from the Fedora or updates repository, bluetooth support is missing,
>due to the missing build request for bluez-libs-devel.

This build dependency was added in brltty 4.5's rpm spec file. Please ask the
Fedora person to upgrade to brltty 4.5.

>Yes, not me, but the Fedora package maintainer.

I'm sorry. I guess it wasn't clear (at least to me) when you were speaking for
yourself and when you were quoting someone else.

There's another reason that Fedora should update to brltty 4.5 as well. It
resolves a serious problem that Oorca is experiencing.

And, of course, there are also the standard issues of new device support, bug
fixes, etc.

I believe Fedora is currently at brltty 4.3, which is, at this point, way too
old.