[BRLTTY] Log file for my usb problem.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun May 5 07:39:38 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2013/05/05 at 11:37 +0200]

>And there's no sollusion to this?

I wouldn't go that far, as there's always a solution. I myself don't have
vmware, though, so I can't experiment.

If we could see logs of when it doesn't work, we might be able to make some
hopefully reasonable guesses. If that's possible, both brltty and vmware logs
would be useful.

>If i put a release-device command in the brltty.conf what will i expect from
>that?

That'd probably help for when you switch to the virtual console whthin which
vmware is running. More specifically, it'd cause brltty to release the device
when you switch to a non-text virtual console, and then to reclaim it when you
switch back to a text console.