[BRLTTY] android

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed May 8 09:41:49 EDT 2013

"mattias" <mj at mjw.se> writes:

> will brltty for android supports any web browser?

Currently, at least for Chrome, the individual elements on a web page
are not exported to accessibility clients like TalkBack or BRLTTY.
Google has implemented a hack (ChromeVox) to get speech output inside of
Chrome anyway, however, this hack does only work for speech at the
moment.

I do not know if there are any other browsers which actually export the
individual page elements to accessibility clients.  If you find one, let
us know.

This deficiency of Android is currently the main reason why I personally
think the Android platform is not equal to iOS at all.
It feels like a nice toy, but not much more, to me.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'