[BRLTTY] Many problems and questions on brltty for android

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun May 12 14:04:34 EDT 2013

erik burggraaf <erik at erik-burggraaf.com> writes:

> Can I get brltty to save my preference for grade two output?

As far as I understand, saving preferences other then those exposed in
the Android Settings GUI is currently not supported.

> Is there a grade two input option at the moment?

No, unfortunately not.  This is something we are lacking on all
platform, not just on Android.

> There's supposed to be a learning mode accessible by display keys 1,
> 4, 5, and 6, but pressing that combination only freezes the display
> for 30 seconds to a minute.  During that time the braille won't
> change.  Neither will the display respond to any key presses.  After
> some time, the display will go back to being a display.

Good point, learn mode is likely also not working on Android yet.

Mind you, both mentioned items, "learn mode" and "preferences mode" are
already on the Android TODO list.  So we are aware of these
shortcomings, and they are on the list of things to tackle.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕