[BRLTTY] setting up brltty/brlapi

N B stillapotterhead at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 13:57:23 EDT 2013

Hi all, I am trying to set up my desktop to use the brlapi java bindings (I am using Ubuntu 13.4). I have my java project all set up, but it
cannot find any braille devices when I have my BrailleNote Apex plugged
into the usb port.  I have tried setting the driver to bn(BrailleNote),
ba (brlAPI) and hw(Humanware) and that didn't help anything.

I tried getting the BrailleNote to connect using Orca as well, but it doesn't seem to connect either.

I am thinking there is some setting that I am missing, but I am not sure what? Thanks for any help.