[BRLTTY] Fwd: brltty can't find HT Braillino20 on Win7

Christian Severin christian.severin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 13:11:42 EDT 2013

Salvete,

I try to connect to a Handy Tech Braillino 20
that is connected to my Windows 7 laptop
by a USB-to-serial cable that ends up as COM4
by going to brltty-win-4.5-1/bin and entering

brltty -bht -dserial:COM4 -ldebug -Lbrltty.log

which, after 60 rows of initializing, gives me
"serial device opened: //./COM4: fh=00000164"
and
"Detected unknown HandyTech model with ID E3."

I have experimented with using the -dUSB: switch
and have installed the libusb1.0 version of brltty-win
as well, but somewhere, I must have misconfigured
something: the connection seems to get made, but
there is no known HT model with ID e3.

Any suggestions?

Yours truly,
Christian Severin