[BRLTTY] No Joy with Baum Vario/USB on Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Sep 16 17:18:17 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by S. Massy on 2013/09/16 at 17:00 -0400]

>I finally got 'round to getting an OTG adapter today and was excited to
>give brltty a spin. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get Brltty for
>Android to speak to my Baum Vario 40.
>
>Looking through the logs, I see brltty trying all drivers but Baum
>(bm); is that driver not present in the prebuilt APK?
>
>I installed the latest binary on a Samsung Galaxy S III running Android
>4.1.2. Any thoughts?

It should work. Please either post or send me your log. Please ensure that the
Log Level has been set to Debug. Also, if you'd like to dealve even deeper into
the Advanced Settings, you could also enable the Log Categories for Input
Packets and Output Packets. You probably will want to remember to disable all
of these once the problem has been resolved.