[BRLTTY] Editing ktb and kti files.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Sep 28 06:18:34 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2013/09/28 at 11:21 +0200]

>You should look for something making brltty freeze or disconnect from the
>display.

The log shows no evidence of either of those things. Now, the fact that it ends
at only five seconds after 17:58 may be why. Im other words, it looks like you
ended the log as soon as you noticed the problem. That doesn't help us see the
problem. Please do exactly what I'm asking you to do so that we can try to be
more helpful. I'll explain again.

1) Start brltty and get everything ready so that making the problewm happen
   will be quick and easy. It's easier for us to look through as little of the
   log as asolutely necessary to diagnose the actual problem.

2) Wait for a couple of minutes. This will cause an easy-to-find delay in the
   log so that we can more easily determine where the part of it containing the
   problem begins.

3) Make the problem happen by doing as little as possible. Stop as soon as you
   believe the problem has begun. Remember exactly what you did to cause it,
   and include that description along with the log.

4) Wiat another couple of minutes in order to cause a delay in the log after
   the problem. This will help us know where to sto looking.

5) Do more stuff in order to confirm that the problem did really happen. If it
   did, then stop the log. If it didn't, then repeat all of these steps again.

6) Also include, with the log, your estimate of the time when you believe the
   problem occurred. This time estimate must be based on your system's clock,
   rather than on a watch or wall clock, as it's your system clock's times that
   are in the log.

Please understand that there's no magic in all of this. We aren';t there, so we
can't watch it happen, perform any experiments, etc. We only have a log to go
by, and studying thousands of lines of a log in order to search for a problem
we don't even fully understand takes a lot of time and effort, and may not even
yield any kind of helpful result. That's why I'm asking you to prepare the log
in a way which will be far more helpful to us.