[BRLTTY] How to find Unicode characters and change their grade 2 translation?

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 18:04:48 EDT 2014

Hi all,

There's a Unicode character (see the attached file) that should be
translated as two hyphens instead of one. For what it's worth, Jaws
translates it as two hyphens when grade 2 is turned on, but brltty
translates it to one. Both display it as dots 368 when in computer braille.

At first I thought the character, though unicode, was the equivalent of
0x9C, but that's not right because when I turn on Jaws grade 2 and look at
my text table, en_US, it still displays that character as dots 368.

When the attached line is inserted into my contraction table it does produce
two hyphens, at least on my system, but I'm sure it's not done the right
way.

Anybody feel like being a kindergarten teacher yet again? Or is there an
article that explains all this Unicode stuff in dunce language?

Thanks,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll