[BRLTTY] BRLTTY compilation warnings on cygwin

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Apr 9 16:49:48 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Radhika D on 2014/04/09 at 15:55 +0530]

>I am trying to compile brltty on cygwin and run BrlAPI services on windows
>. Following is the output of  "./configure --quite"
>$ ./configure --quiet
>configure: WARNING: Java compiler not found
>configure: WARNING: Java BrlAPI bindings not included
>configure: WARNING: Cannot find ocamlfind.
>configure: WARNING: Cython compiler not found
>configure: WARNING: Python BrlAPI bindings not included
>
>If I ignore above warnings, I am able to compile brltty executable but
>BrlAPI service is not run with this executable. So my guess is I need
>address above warnings. I have installed Java and python and still not able
>to get rid of these warnings. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Which language are you wanting to use when accessing BrlAPI?

If you're using C, then the bindings should work even with all of those
warnings.

For Python: Just installing Python isn't enough. You also need to install the
Cython package. Cython is a compiler which allows Python code to be written in
C. I'm not sure what Cygwin's name is for this package. Let me know if you need
me to figure that out for you.

For Java: If you already have Java installed, could you please look around on
your system and let us know where the javac command is? It'd also be helpful to
know where the file jni.h is on your system.