[BRLTTY] Compilation problems on Windows

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Apr 16 19:58:41 EDT 2014

Dave Mielke, le Wed 16 Apr 2014 19:47:31 -0400, a écrit :
> >> brltty.exe: feature not supported: service installation
> >Ah, that gives way more information to us :)
> >
> >Dave, do we have any reason why service_windows is only built on mingw,
> >and not on cygwin?
>
> No, there's no reason. It's easy to make it work on Cygwin. Just confirm to me
> if it for sure should.

Well, I don't actually remember.  Perhaps the service subscription call
doesn't work on cygwin?

Siddharth, just to make sure: do you know that to start brltty, you can
install the service as you are trying to do, but you can also simply
just run brltty.exe by hand. Also, do you really need to build on
cygwin, and can not build on mingw?

Samuel