[BRLTTY] Brltty not working on Arch

Vojtěch Polášek krecoun at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 13:58:17 EDT 2014

Hi,
my name is Vojtěch Polášek and I am a blind IT student from Czech Republic.
I am running latest brltty from official Arch repository. It is brltty
version 4.5. I use Focus Blue 40, I tried it with old and new version of
this type of brailly display.
However, after upgrading my system about a week ago, it stopped working
with Orca. I received upgrade of Gnome to version 3.12, but I can't see
any reason why it should stop working.
As I read logs, it seems that Brltty accepts connection from Orca, but
then there must be some proglem.
It just prints Brltty and its version (using my configured table), but
then it just shows "Screen not in text mode".
I am sending a verbose log output in attachment.
I wanted to use apitest.c from git. When I checked out tag BRLTTY-4.5, I
couldn't compile it, because there was no rule for compiling brl_cmds.h.
When I checked out latest master, I managed to compile apitest but it
crashes when I try to use it with -n or other switch except for -h.
Is there any other information that I can send you?
Thank you very much for your help,
Vojta