[BRLTTY] dot firmness on the alva544 satellite

Rob Hudson captinlogic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:13:10 EDT 2014

I recently came into possession of one of these little units. Very nice display actually, but there's just one little problem.
The dot firmness with Brltty. It doesn't seem to push the dots up as firmly as it should. I know this because, when the unit is first turned on, there is a message which says:
Alva Satellite ok, waiting for connection...
This message is nice and firm. But when Brltty kicks in, it isn't; it is about half the firmness of the welcome message.
I went into preferences menu and found the dot firmness setting and raised it to maximum, but it's still not quite what it should be. Is this normal? Running Brltty 5.0.