[BRLTTY] usb switch with brltty?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Aug 18 09:24:49 EDT 2014

Cheryl Homiak <cah4110 at icloud.com> writes:

> When I was using my braillelite 40 with two or three computers, I used to use a switch so I could have them all connected and switch quickly between them. I am thinking about doing the same thing with two Macs and my Braille Edge and a usb switch and other peripherals could also be connected an switched. Has anybody used a usb switch with a braille display and if so has it worked well for you?

It probably depends a bit on the USB interface in use, but
in general, there should be no problem.  I have at least
used a plain USB switchbox on several occasions with success.
BRLTTY is fine with handling dis/reconnects on its own.
You might have problems with propietary screen readers though,
at least I have heard that JAWS doesn't always auto-reconnect
a lost USB device.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕