[BRLTTY] install error: clipboard.h: no such file or directory

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Fri Aug 22 10:51:37 EDT 2014

I am running debian wheezy on an old powerpc Mac that I turned into a linux box since its usefulness as a Mac is pretty much over. I didn't want to disturb debian's install that has brltty coming up in boot so I used --prefix=/opt in my configure (don't know if this is relevant to the problem or not). The make install failed so I separated the steps to make sure where the problem was. The make seems to be successful. But the make install then fails with "clipboard.h: no such file or directory" and then appears to refer to install-core-headers. I can post more if necessary but does anybody know what I would be missing here. I admit there is a lot about compiling I haven't a clue about, but usually I expect to see errors before it gets to the install, and this does say "make" but it doesn't show up until I run make install if I separate the steps.

Thanks.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: