[BRLTTY] problem with braille edge on powerpc machine running debian wheezy

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Fri Aug 22 15:22:37 EDT 2014

This old powerpc mac mini works fine with my usb-serial-using braillelite40. But I was hoping to get my Hims Braille Edge to run on all my machines and then use a usb switch to switch between machines. I tried using the braille edge when I installed wheezy but it didn't seem to work so I used the braillelite instead. Once installed, I still couldn't get the braillelite to work with wheezy. After I had installed the latest version with git I tried again and ran a debug log. It seems like the problem is a usb problem. I wasn't running this on a switch but just with the braille edge plugged into the linux machine. I'm attaching the log to see whether there is more I should try to do. The braille edge is working fine on my Macs but I don't have another linux machine to try it on so the problem could just be that I'm not going to get it to work with the old powerpc machine. As I said before it works with the braillelite and also a usb keyboard works with it. If anybody has any suggestions or wants to just tell me this isn't going to work with this machine, I'd appreciate the input.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: