[BRLTTY] printing out help

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Aug 25 18:49:07 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Cheryl Homiak on 2014/08/25 at 17:38 -0500]

>I hesitate to ask this because I have the feeling the answer should be obvious
>and I'm just not seeing it.

Never hesitate to ask anything here.

>I have no trouble translating to braille and printing out the kti and ktb
>tables located in /etc/brltty and I can understand them but the help that one
>gets by accessing help while using a braille display is much more in plain
>practical language so to speak and I'd really like to print this out in
>braille for displays I use. Are there actual files either online or in the
>brltty hierarchy on my computer that contain the contents of the help screen
>so I could format and print it out as I can the kti and ktb tables?

The help text is online. Go to brltty's web site (brltty.com), click on
Documents, and then on Key Tables. On that page, find the correct driver. If
there's a link on the driver name, it'll go to the driver's README file. Below
the driver name is a list of models. There's a link on each model which goes to
the key bindings description.