[BRLTTY] We could change the banner

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Dec 29 13:06:13 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2014/12/29 at 12:58 -0500]

>Instead of, or along with, the website name it could give the key for
>the help screen. Might not always be easy though. For my PAC Mate 40
>display it could say, among other things:
>
>Help: 21st button on top row

That'd make the banner very long. It already takes far too long to clear on
short displays, i.e. those not large enough to contain the whole text.
Lengthening the banner would make this start happening on larger displays.

>I don't think I'd refer to GDF; I've never seen it anywhere except BRLTTY.

It must be really old terminaology. What are those keys called these days?