[BRLTTY] We could change the banner

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Dec 30 11:31:46 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Dr. Volker Jaenisch on 2014/12/30 at 13:40 +0100]

>Yes. The GDF keys are identical with the  selector keys.

Thanks. If it's true, as I'm beginning to suspect (but can't verify without
access to a set of devices), that we can't actually tell which model is
connected, what do you (and others) think about just switching to more general
terminology? We could change "wheel" to "nav", and "GDF" to "selector". So,
that'd give us names like LeftNavUp, LeftNavPress, and LeftSelector. We could
then place notes at the top explaining that the nav keys could be wheels or
rockers, and that the Selector keys used to be known as GDF keys. Would that be
enough to resolve the confusion that clearly currently does exist?