[BRLTTY] Renaming of the fs wheels and GDF keys.

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 07:53:15 EST 2014

Dave said:

>All the key tables are accessible via brltty's web site. Go to brltty.com,
>click on Documentation, and then on Key Tables. Perhaps this fact needs to
>be
>advertised somehow.

I might not have internet access.

I might not know how to control my web browser.

I might not know the correct name for my braille display.

Being mad at my computer because it won't do what I want, I might not have
the patience to sift through a web site.

And, almost by definition, I might not be able to read the table if I get
there.

Perhaps the solution is to take the website out of the banner and substitute
directions for how to get to the help screen for the current device.

Or, we could come up in learn mode which would at least let us discover how
to pan. Or perhaps in the help screen itself. Have a checkbox in the
Preferences, unchecked by default, saying to come up in normal execution
mode.

Any newbies on the list? This is where being a newbie is an advantage.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll