[BRLTTY] Braille Lite with netbook

acollins at icsmail.net acollins at icsmail.net
Wed Jul 2 21:06:28 EDT 2014

Hi.  Are you really running Linux on your netbook, or are you running
Windows?  If you are running Windows, then you need to download brltty
for Windows.

Before we can answer the rest of the questions, we need to make sure
wich os you are running, and that you have downloaded the correct
version of brltty.

Gene

>Well, I got that serial to USB adapter. Check. Installed brltty (I think) for
Linux on netbook. But I can't be sure since I have minimal experience with Term
inal. I just don't know where to go from there. Perfect Paul keeps saying "Wait
ing on serial device," and the only way to shut him up is to turn off the BLT.
I know I've gotten into something that is a little beyond me, but I've come thi
s far and I usually don't give up too easily. So, if anyone is willing to take
me step by step I'd be very thankful. What's simple to y'all is new to me.