[BRLTTY] Warning messages in Cygwin

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 13 00:42:33 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Attached is the file "typescript", the output of the script(1) command. On
Cygwin, at least, the command:

less -Rr typescript

does a fairly good though not perfect job of dealing with all the escape
sequences.

When I compile brltty in Cygwin the return code is 0. This should mean that
all the messages are merely warnings, which they are, and can safely be
ignored. However there are more of them than there used to be and I thought
I'd let people see them in case some simple fixes might get rid of some of
them. If there are no simple fixes or if they're waiting in the wings for
more pressing problems to be solved then that's OK. If this typescript is
useful, fine; if not, please feel free to skip it. And if there are packages
that I should have installed on my computer already, please give baby
instructions on how to get them.

My PS1 perhaps deserves explanation. The fields are:

$? - the return code of the most recent command; I'm thus notified of
failures immediately

/ - a literal slash character

the terminal in use--the output of the `tty' command (minus the /dev), a
literal W, and the window of `screen'

a left parenthesis

$SHLVL - the invocation level of the shell

a right parenthesis

a dollar sign and space

Thanks,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll