[BRLTTY] problems with brltty and bluetooth 5.14.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sun Mar 2 00:22:45 EST 2014

[quoted lines by covici at ccs.covici.com on 2014/03/01 at 15:39 -0500]

>I am having problems with brltty and bluetooth.  It worked for a while,
>and just this morning out of the blue --

Not likely. Something on your system must've changed.

>I get the following from the logs:

>Mar  1 15:25:27 ccs brltty[16004]: unknown preference: autorepeat-delay

This is just a warning because, in 5.0, autorepeat delay was renamed to long
press time. You can resolve it by resaving your preferences.

>Mar  1 15:25:35 ccs bluetoothd[2684]: No agent available for request type 0
>Mar  1 15:25:35 ccs bluetoothd[2684]: device_request_pin: Operation not permitted
>Mar  1 15:25:35 ccs brltty[16004]: RFCOMM connect error 111: Connection refused.

To me, this means that your device isn't properly paired, and that no agent is
currently running which can prompt you for the PIN.

>HOw can I fix this?  There is a new program under bluetooth 5 called
>bluetoothctl, and I paired, trusted and connected, and still no joy.

Maybe you didn't pair in a way that made it permanent.

>I am using gentoo unstable.

Maybe there's a reason it's called "unstable".