[BRLTTY] Handy Tech displays on Win 7

Bram Duvigneau bram at bramd.nl
Sun Mar 2 18:52:22 EST 2014

On 2-3-2014 17:53, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Mario Lang, le Sun 02 Mar 2014 10:13:32 +0100, a écrit :
>>> Later in this thread it is suggested to change the USB-serial adapter,
>>> which with this display is not an option because it's built-in. I tried
>>> connecting through the virtual serial port that the FTDI drivers
>>> provided me (e.g. serial:com3) and through libusb after installing the
>>> right driver with usb:, both give me the same error. I also tried the
>>> -bauto and explicit -bht switches, but all give the same result.
>> Hmm, I have no experience with BRLTTY on Windows at all, but I have the
>> feeling that "serial:com3" should have worked, strange.
>> Samuel?
> serial:com3 should "just work", yes. The advantage is that it does not
> have to bear any bug in the libusb stack.  If it still gets the same
> result, I'd tend to think it is really the device which emits this.
>
> Is the device known to work on Linux?
Yes. I've used it many times with Linux and still do so on a daily
basis. I run Vmware on this Windows machine with a Linux machine for
some development needs and always pass the USB device through to the VM
to use it and this still works without any problems. I also have a Handy
Tech Braille Star 40 I could test tomorrow.

Bram