[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Henk Abma henk.abma at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 07:36:02 EST 2014

On 3/4/2014 4:32 AM, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Henk Abma on 2014/03/02 at 23:52 +0100]
>
>> Now my question: I am trying brltty on a Nexus 5 and am having no
>> luck getting it connected or even set up. As soon as I press 'select
>> device'and try to check my display (Freedom scientific focus 40 blue
>> classic), brltty stops and the checkbox remains unchecked.
>>
>> I have tried removing all braille displays and repairing the Focus,
>> uninstalled brltty and re-installed, however the issue remains.
>>
>> This is with brltty-5.0.apk.
> When you say that brltty stops, what, exactly, do you mean? Do you see the
> "unfortunately brltty has stopped" message?
>
> Are you able to use "adb logcat" to capture a debug log covering the time when
> the problem occurs? There are instructions on how to do this in brltty's
> Android README.

Hello Dave,

I tried the same procedure at work, where I have access to a new Focus
40 display. With this device I don't get the 'stopped' message. It only
took me some time to figure out that auto-detecting the Freedom
Scientific driver didn't work, so I had to set it manually in the 'add
device' part of settings.

adb logcat is no problem, so if the problem occurs again at home, I will
try to post part of the log.

With kind regards,

Henk.