[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Android

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Mar 4 15:21:27 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Henk Abma on 2014/03/04 at 21:04 +0100]

>I have some log date (about 293000 characters0. What is the best way
>to deliver this to you? copying it into this message doesn't seem
>like a good idea to me.

If you aren't concerned about the possibility of private data being in the log
then attaching it to a message to this list is fine. If you are concerned about
that, or simply if you'd prefer, then attach it to a direct message to me.

>As said this afternoon, I connected a new focus 40 and managed to get
>it working with brltty. When I connected my classic focus blue to the
>same phone (nexus 5), brltty also worked as expected. So I connected
>the classic F40 to my nexus 4 with the same crash result tha I have
>logged.
>
>The crash also happens when I try to disable speech support
>(switching from native to none.

These could be two different problems. Do you have a log for each of them?

It'd be helpful if you wouldn't mind doing "adb logcat -c" to clear the log
before the problem so that the log is smaller. That's just a convenience thing
for me, though, so don't do it if you'd prefer your device's log to remain as
complete as possible.