[BRLTTY] possible problem or bug with 5.0

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 5 21:11:52 EST 2014

[quoted lines by covici at ccs.covici.com on 2014/03/05 at 20:59 -0500]

>The character I get is  0x8bc3, whereas before it was that section sign
>and it put up all 8 dots -- it is possible I was using a different text
>table, I can't find out now, however.

How are you determining that the character is 8bc3?

If it really is 8bc3, then, given that that's a unified CJK character, it
surely wouldn't be in your font so it makes sense that you're seeing a question
mark.

If you're sure that your file is full of a7 characters, then, to me, the real
mystery is how 8bc3 characters are getting on the screen - and that wouldn't be
a brltty issue. How are you getting the characters in the file onto the screen?