[BRLTTY] focus display hangs with brltty 5.0

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Thu Mar 6 09:39:00 EST 2014

Sebastian Humenda <shumenda at gmx.de> writes:

> can I somehow provide more information to solve my problem with BRLTTY
> 5.0?

I am sorry to tell you, but I am stuck at this point.  I think Dave
should have a look at this issue.

> With the current status, the release is unusable and it would render
> my system useless as soon as BRLTTY 5.0 is uploaded to Debian
> unstable.

Yes, I understand your problem.  However, please note that there was a
call on this mailing list for early testing before we released 5.0.  I
did my share of testing before 5.0 was released, and found a similar
showstopper for two of the displays I am using daily.  We identified the
bug and Dave finally fixed it in the development stream before 5.0 was
release.  I know that now it is too late, but I'd like to remind you
that things would have been simpler if you had done some testing prior
to the 5.0 release.  That said, I can only recommend to reproduce the
issue with the current development version of BRLTTY, and work closely
with Dave to resolve it.  Once there is a fix for the development
stream, we should be able to backport this to the Debian package.

5.0 was a major rewrite, please help fix the remaining issues.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'