[BRLTTY] cursor position issue about "en-us-g1.ctb" table

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Mar 6 17:16:15 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Dongyu on 2014/03/06 at 15:55 -0600]

>Do you mean the end position of a string is out of the string range?
>If so, for most common situation when inputting in an textarea, the cursor
>is at the end of current content. So, lou_translate will not return the
>right cursor position.

What I'm saying is that the contraction software within brltty, which was
designed to translate what's on the screen, doesn't currently work as if it's
an input area. The cursor is never off the screen.

We can change this, of course, as long as the requirement is understood. Are
you wanting to use it to translate the content of an input area while theuser
is typing? If so, I understand your cursor placement issue. While the software
hasn't been designed to handle it, this could easily be resolved.