[BRLTTY] focus display hangs with brltty 5.0

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 11:00:24 EDT 2014

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke wrote:
>I think I need a little more information. Could you please type something
>predictable, like the alphabet, and let me know which character is the first
>one for which the display doesn't update? Perhaps you could keep going until
>the problem has occurred, maybe, three times. Each time, let me know which
>character is the first one that doesn't get updated, and then which one is the
>first one which does get updated. Also,, this time, you only need to log with:
> -ldebug,inpkts,outpkts
I have tried my very best, but unfortunately the error _seems_ not to occurre
that frequently when typing. It happens faster when slowly scrolling, e.g.
through a file.
The output is attached, the text which I typed also. I have marked the error
places with a HTML comment. I was only able to reproduce the error twice; the
display never comes back on its own, I always used a key on the display. Should
I try again and see if the display ever wakes up again without a key press?

>Could you also please send me yet one more log. The log I'd like to see is from
>brltty-4.5 with -ldebug,inpkts,outpkts.
I have done so.

Thanks
Sebastian