[BRLTTY] brltty speech

Henk Abma henk.abma at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:19:21 EDT 2014

Hello Dave,

as far as I can tell, firefox appears to talk to talkback and
brailleback sort of uses the same information. When I disable talkback,
brltty only shows the last focussed item in firefox. As soon as I load a
new page, brltty informs me that a geckoview had opened and if the page
is loaded, however I cannot navigate the contents of the page. As soon
as I aneble talkback and tap places on the screen, brltty echoes the
spoken output. Using gestures on screen I can navigate to next->previous
link etc, however I cannot do this using brltty.

All of this may be in part because I don't memorize all of the commands
brltty has.

I had no luck using brltty speech either. I can choose between none and
native, however no further options appear. The only thing brltty has
said to me so far is it's versionnumber.

I am using 5.1 b.t.w.

With kind regards,

Henk.