[BRLTTY] Contracted English braille error and patch: Outheld

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Mon May 26 13:02:22 EDT 2014

Dave wrote:

> What's the reason for the second line: "word outhe 1256-2346"? That's not
> even
a word.

As far as I could tell Cygwin does not come with a word list, so I built one
from the SCOWL (Spell Checker Oriented Word List) package. It has Outhe as
one of its words. Because the O is capitalized it's a name--of either a
person or product or company.

> Additionally, begword wouldn't override how a word in its own right is
> handled.

Initially I put in Outhe as a sufword. This meant that outheld met the
requirements of a sufword and consequently used the "the" sign which needs
to be inhibited.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you
had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
--Lewis Carroll