[BRLTTY] making my Braille display work with BRLTTY

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Nov 20 10:15:06 EST 2014

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2014/11/20 at 12:58 +0100]

>I'm forwarding the following to the brltty mailing list, where actual
>developers of BRLTTY will be able to read it and anwer.
>
>Vincenzo Rubano, le Thu 20 Nov 2014 10:49:14 +0000, a écrit :
>>
>> even after upgrading to Debian Jessie, I am not able to use my Braille display with BRLTTY. So I started investigating further about the problem…
>>
>> My Braille display is the MDV Lilli; on the manufacturer website, it is written that to make this display work with BRLTTY you need to connect it using a serial-to-USB cable; however, I don’t have any serial port in my laptop, so this is not a solution for me.
>>
>> From what I know, the MDV Lilli is the USB version of another Braille display called MB408 that works with BRLTTY and can be connected only with a serial port. So, I was wondering if:

I believe this may be the first time I've heard of this model. We're certainly
interested in supporting it. Assuming it uses the very same protocool as the
serial MDV devices, this should be relatively easy. A difficulty on our part,
though, is that, at least till now, we don't have access to one of these
devices in order to do any testing.

Does your device just have a USB port, or does it have a serial port as well?

Could you please post a copy of your /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices file while
your device is connected? Attaching it to a post to the list would be fine.