[BRLTTY] Delay problem with latest code

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Thu Oct 9 14:01:49 EDT 2014

[Dave]

> [quoted lines by Lars Bjørndal on 2014/10/09 at 08:32 +0200]
>
> >This problem (look below) is still unsolved. I'd like to add that the problem does
> >not occure with a Handy Tech Active Braille.
>
> On which device is it occurring?

Handy Tech Braille Star 40.

> What it sounds like is that the device is going to sleep, at least partially,
> and that, when in that state, the first key press does no more than wake it up.

That makes sence. However, with Active Braille on bluetooth, this
doesn't happen at all. Another difference between these two devices
is that the Braille Star 40 is more slugish, e.g. it respnds slower
generally to key strokes on the display, compared to using Active Braille.

> What I do know is that brltty doesn't miss key events just because a Bluetooth
> connection has been idle for an extended period of time. I've left such
> connections idle overnight, for example, without any problems.

The display is not going into sleep state as it does when battery save
mode is enabled. I should also add that this delay issue was not present in
earlier versions of BRLTTY. unfortunately, I cannot remember exactly when it
was introduced.

Thanks and regards,
Lars