[BRLTTY] Braillex el80c stopping to respond to input

Peter Lundblad plundblad at google.com
Fri Oct 17 11:28:14 EDT 2014

Dave Mielke writes:
> [quoted lines by Peter Lundblad on 2014/10/17 at 17:03 +0200]
>
> >Yes, however, the fact that the unplugging of the display isn't
> >detected when we are in this state, while it is immediately
> >detected otherwise, makes me wonder if something else could be
> >in a bad state when this happens.
>
> That's very useful to know. I hope you have USB logging enabled. Are you using
> native Linux USB support (the default), or are you using an alternative like
> libusb or libusb-1.0?

Native.

> >Of course, this hasn't happened during this whole day...
>
> :-) Of course! I suppose there's the possibility that the extra logging impacts
> some kind of timing-based problem.

Right, if it is a race, then that might be impacted by the large
amount of extra logging.  But it has reproduced pretty flakily before, so
I am sure it will happen again.

> >I'll leave it over the weekend.
>
> I'm assuming, then, that you're in Europe somewhere these days. That's helpful
> to know for times in the log, times you tell me, etc.

Yup, CEST is my timezone nowadays.  I moved back to my home
country, Sweden.

> >> Please let me know, as close as you can, at what time the failure
> >> started?
> >
> >I will.... if I'm there when it does;)
>
> If it happens when you're away, then the time you left and the time you
> returned would be useful.

Yup, I'll keep track of that.

Thanks,
//Peter