[BRLTTY] Support for HumanWare brailliant BI series

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Oct 23 15:47:11 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by S. Massy on 2014/10/23 at 14:33 -0400]

>What I have observed so far is that its USB ID seems to trigger the
>cdc_acm module which then attempts to claim the device, creating a
>conflict.

A CDC_ACM device has two USB interfaces. Since brltty only uses one of them, it
only claims that one. Perhaps there's a conflict because the kernel is still
hanging onto the other one. Could you please send me a copy of your
/sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices file when Linux still has full control of the
device, as well as a copy of it after brltty has tried and failed?