[BRLTTY] Compiling a statically linked binary

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Fri Oct 24 08:58:02 EDT 2014

Hello,
So here are the configure options I used to build a statically linked
binary of BRLTTY:
./configure --enable-standalone-programs --disable-speech-support \
	    --disable-x --disable-api --with-screen-driver=lx \
	    --with-braille-driver=hw --with-text-table=en-nabcc \
	    --without-pcm-package --without-midi-package \
	    --without-curses --without-dynld-package

NOTES:
- With gcc 4.9.1 I had to use sources from the git repository
  (currently 5.2dev).
- Don't forget to substitute your braille driver for the one specified
  in the example above.
- If you encounter errors at linking, it may be that you have to disable
  further packages. In general, the right thing to do would be to *only*
  explicitly enable what you know you absolutely need for a functional
  environment.

Cheers,
S.M.

--