[BRLTTY] esys 40 does not start

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Tue Sep 16 11:08:21 EDT 2014

> brltty -b eu -d usb: -e -l7 -LSOMEFILE
>
> brltty.conf:
> text-table  fr-2007
>
> braille-driver eu
> braille-device usb:
>
> this is not  incorrect i think.
>
> Dave,  the eu_esysiris driver is never called as i said earlier.
> putting plenty of logMessage in it do not appear at all in the log but others before in usb.c and even in lubusb, do.
> my lines  are as usual:
> logMessage(7, “file … line … function … etc”);
> this work  fine.

Yes I know this issue. To fix it, add the following line to your brltty
configuration file:

braille-parameters eu:protocol=iris

The prblem is that protocol audtodetection seems to be broken somehow.
Until it is fixed, it won't hurt to specify the protocl explicitly so
that the driver will at least be called.

Shérab.