[BRLTTY] esys 40 does not start

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 16 11:12:39 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Raoul on 2014/09/16 at 16:59 +0200]

>ok:  but=
>
>brltty -b eu -d usb: -e -l7 -LSOMEFILE
>
>brltty.conf:
>text-table  fr-2007
>
>braille-driver eu
>braille-device usb:
>
>this is not  incorrect i think.

It looks fine,except for your -l option. Instead of -l7, please use:
-ldebug,usb,inpkts.outpkts

By the way: I'm not big on promoting the use of a numeric value for the -l
option. Instead of -l7, which happens to work (today), it'd far more acurate in
the long run to specify -ldebug. In addition, for this type of analysis, you do
need to also enable the additional three log categories.

>the eu_esysiris driver is never called as i said earlier.

Perhaps, but why that may or may not appear to be the case could be due to any
number of reasons. My style is to gather facts, and then more facts, until I
can finally see what the problem is. And, when it comes to the gathering of
facts, my style is to not entirely believe them until I can see them for
myself.

>putting plenty of logMessage in it do not appear at all in the log but others before in usb.c and even in lubusb, do.
>my lines  are as usual:
>logMessage(7, “file … line … function … etc”);
>this work  fine.

Well, then, please allow me to help you (and probably other Esys users) figure
out why.