[BRLTTY] possible key conflice with Alva Confort

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Sep 23 10:47:04 EDT 2014

[quoted lines by Dave Mielke on 2014/09/23 at 10:20 -0400]

>These things being said, I'm of course intrigued by your observation that, when
>using the WindowEyes driver via USB, Chord+m does seem to switch to the
>internal menu. Any additional observations would be most interesting.

It turns out that the answer is that WindowEyes handles the device's keyboard
differently than brltty does. The keyboard can be handled in two ways. One way
- the way brltty does it - is where the actual key events are sent to the
driver for interpretation. The other way - the way WindowEyes does it - is
where the key events, and, therefore, the translation from dots to characters,
are handled within the device itself. In other words, WindowEyes is receiving
characters, not braille dots, from the device. Since, in that mode, the device
itself is interpreting the key events, Chord+m does go to the internal menu.