[BRLTTY] brltty installed on Mac with screen-4.2.1

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Wed Sep 24 03:32:07 EDT 2014

Oh yes, I have been using a braillelite40 with brltty for years and it works very well. But the question that puzzles me is: why are you having to use sudo to get screen to work? This really shouldn't be necessary. While I did not have to do anything after installing screen-4.2.1, it still seems to me that this may be a permissions problem. I also run macports but since I already was using a screen installationin /usr/bin, i decided to leave it there for the time being. Of course, one runs macports using sudo so maybe this isn't a big deal but, while I run brltty as root on linux, I would rather run it as a normal user on the Mac.
--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: