[BRLTTY] brltty installed on Mac with screen-4.2.1

Cheryl Homiak cah4110 at icloud.com
Thu Sep 25 00:33:54 EDT 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 4:56 PM, Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> What's the output of ls -l on your brltty executable?
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 773976 Sep 23 19:33 /bin/brltty

> What's the output of ls -l on your screen executable?

-rwsr-xr-x 1 root wheel 488224 Sep 23 19:26 /usr/bin/screen-4.2.1
But my screen symlink shows:
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 21 Sep 23 19:42 /usr/bin/screen -> /usr/bin/screen-4.2.1

> In which order do you invoke them?

First screen then brltty but not as root and not with sudo or su.

> Do you invoke them from the same account or from different ones?

Same account.

I was having some issues with cursor routing not working with screen-4.0.1 but do not seem to be with 4.2.1. My only annoyance is that terminal "quits unexpectedly" pretty often and I have to reopen it but I honestly don't know if this has to do with screen and brltty or just terminal itself.

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: