[BRLTTY] HID and refreshabraille

Devin Prater r.d.t.prater at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 20:50:25 EDT 2014

Hi all. I have a refreshabraille 18, with the panning buttons stuck. I'm
not in a position to get a new one, so I'd love to know how I can get
brailletty to work with it. I'm running sonar gnu 2014.1. The update
manager says it can't lock the manager or something like that, and
something about transactions, so I suppose I'd have to go with the command
prompt. Sudo apt-get update brltty doesn't work though. What am I doing so
wrong for Linux to always be frustrating?

On Sunday, September 28, 2014, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <mengualjeanphi at free.fr>
wrote:

> ok. And will this feature stay in a README or included in the general
> manual? I ask to anticipate the future translation work.
>
> Regards,
>
> Le 29/09/2014 01:15, Dave Mielke a écrit :
>
>> [quoted lines by MENGUAL Jean-Philippe on 2014/09/29 at 00:42 +0200]
>>
>>  If I understand, the profile is not deduced from the current
>>> settings. It needs to be created manually through a conf file.
>>>
>> Yes, that's correct.
>>
>>  Shouldn't brltty set some default profiles for officially supported
>>> languages (en, fr, de)?
>>>
>> In theory, yes. The problem is that it'd be difficult since there are too
>> many
>> variables. We'd have no idea, for example, which speech synthesizer the
>> user
>> wants to use, and how he'd want to have it configured. Also, we can't know
>> whether he wants to still use his native text table or one of the possibly
>> multiple text tables for the selected language. We also don't know which
>> locales are installed on his system. These settings really are fairly
>> user-specific even though the concept is general. Perhaps, through use,
>> how to
>> generalize it will become evident, but I don't think we know how to do so
>> yet.
>>

> --
>
> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
>
> accelibreinfo, votre partenaire en informatique adaptée aux déficients
> visuels
>
> Mail: texou at accelibreinfo.eu
>
> Site Web: http://www.accelibreinfo.eu

sent from Gmail.